Monday, August 14, 2017

Diabelli Project 160 - Woodwind Quintet

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme, these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

Did I mention I'm working on a woodwind quintet -- and not just for this series? This is the fifth quintet sketch that popped out of my head for the Diabelli Project. Clearly, my subconscious is telling me something. I'll share the composition process once it starts moving along.

This particular sketch came from one simple concept: everybody doesn't have to play all the time. So I have two duos, with the clarinet coming in with what would be (if time hadn't run out) a lyrical solo.




As always, you can use any or all of the posted Diabelli Project sketches as you wish for free. Just be sure to share the results. I'm always curious to see what direction someone else can take this material.

No comments:

Post a Comment