Friday, November 25, 2016

Line Mar Match Box Construction 029 - Brace

I found a Line Mar Match Box Construction Set from the 1930s, complete and with instructions. The box claimed the set made 100 different toys. I decided to test that claim -- one toy at a time. You can read all the posts for the Line Mar construction project at 100 Toys.

029 - Brace

The brace was the most realistic toy I've constructed with this set to date. Perhaps because the brace is a tool, the metal strips and knobby connections on the handles have an industrial look to them that seems right. 

Construction was not too difficult. I attached the bit to its metal strip first, then the handle to the second strip. I then slipped the wooden collar and what would become the inside fiber collars onto the dowel. I then pushed it through one of the metal strips, secured it with the outer fiber collar, then did the same with the second.

Unfortunately, my adult fingers were way to big to actually play with this drill. But if I were only eight... 


No comments:

Post a Comment