Friday, September 02, 2016

Line Mar Match Box Construction 018 - Mausoleum

I found a Line Mar Match Box Construction Set from the 1930s, complete and with instructions. The box claimed the set made 100 different toys. I decided to test that claim -- one toy at a time. You can read all the posts for the Line Mar construction project at 100 Toys.

018. Mausoleum

At this point, I've become pretty adept at stacking up these flimsy metal pieces. Although I post once a week, I usually complete and photograph 4 to 5 toy assemblies in a single one-hour session. This one was pretty simple to build, as most of the low-slung buildings (pardon me -- I mean toys) are.

This is another of the toys whose description seemed at odds with its appearance. To me, it looked like a skyscraper on the East River, or perhaps an exotic chair of some kind (depending on the scale). This is not the structure that springs to mind when I think of a mausoleum. And besides -- a mausoleum seems an odd choice for a building project for a young child.

Maybe those two blocks out front are meant to hold Eternal Flames?

018. Mausoleum

No comments:

Post a Comment