Friday, May 20, 2016

Line Mar Match Box Construction 005 - Bench with arm rests

005 - Bench with armrests
I found a Line Mar Match Box Construction Set from the 1930s, complete and with instructions. The box claimed the set made 100 different toys. I decided to test that claim -- one toy at a time. You can read all the posts for the Line Mar construction project at 100 Toys.

005. Bench with armrests

This is another toy that is made of just pieces stacked on each other. And unfortunately, it involves the thinnest pieces resting on their thinnest sides. I had to bend the sides to get the pieces to sit properly . And as long as there was absolutely no wind (or I didn't sneeze), it held together.

I must say, though, that my skill at stacking these featherweight little pieces has improved with practice. The final result looks very much like the drawing. Although to me this looks more like a sofa than a bench with armrests.

Bench with armrests, according to the instruction sheet.
Personally, I think it looks more like a sofa.

No comments:

Post a Comment