Monday, June 22, 2015

Diabelli Project 096 - Piano Piece

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This weeks flash composition represents a return to simplicity. I started out with a unison melody, and just kind of when from there. As you can see, harmony is introduced as the piece goes on, while still keeping things light and simple.


If I were ton continue this, I'd probably have the harmony become more complex, and start breaking up the melody into its component motifs. What would you do? This sketch, like all those part of the Diabelli Project are offered freely to one and all. If you do want to use any of this, go ahead -- no charge. All I ask is that you share the results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment