Monday, May 25, 2015

Diabelli Project 092 - Piano Piece

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This week's example is a piano piece (or rather, a piece of a piece). I began with the concept of alternating 4/4 and 5/4 measures, and just let the rest follow as it would. And here's where it lead: (click on image to enlarge)



Had I more time, I think I would have developed that little half-step turn, perhaps changing the rhythm from two 16ths and an 8th note to an 8th, followed by two 16ths. What possibilities do you see? As always, I offer this sketch freely to any and all to use as they wish. Just share the results, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment