Monday, January 12, 2015

Diabelli Project 074 - Piece for solo oboe

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

A while ago I dashed off another piece for solo oboe (see: Diabelli Project 065), but this one's different. The previous sketch was in 6/8 time, this one has no fixed meter. Of course, they could be different movements of a much larger work. 065 centers around A, while this one has D as a tonal center. Hmmm. (click on image to enlarge)



I might make my two solo oboe sketches part of the same work, but you don't have to. What happens next? That's up to you. As with all the Diabelli Project sketches, I offer this freely to anyone who would like to use all or part of it. Just let me know the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment