Monday, June 02, 2014

Diabelli Project 043 - Piano Piece in F-sharp minor

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

This week I dashed out another little piano piece, although a little different than the the previous one (Diabelli Project 042). I returned to my second favorite odd meter, (5/8 time -- 7/8's my favorite), and wrote melody over a simple bass figure. (click on image to enlarge)



According to my self-imposed rules, when I run out of time, I have to stop -- wherever I am. In this case, it was in mid-thought, which is why the last measure is open-ended. Where does it go from here? That's up to you. If you'd like to finish the piece, or want to use any part of it as the basis for your own composition, you're certainly welcome to. Just share your results with me -- I'm kind of curious to discover what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment