Monday, October 28, 2013

Diabelli Project 017 - Fugue for two or more voices

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

My little bits of flash compositions are accomplishing their purpose -- I find musical ideas coming to me more easily. On a good day I feel I could produce them on demand. But the problem is that now some of the ideas I'm coming up with are a little two expansive for the Diabelli Project.

Like this fugue, for example (click on image to enlarge). I hadn't had a chance to add more voices before I ran out of time. If I continued it, I would make it a double fugue -- but that's just me.


What possibilities do you see in this? As always, you have an open invitation to make of this what you will. And I look forward to the results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment