Monday, August 12, 2013

The Diabelli Project 007 - 2-Voice Fugue

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

Yes, this was meant to be a fugue rather than a simple cannon. I wrote the opening motif in such a way that it could be broken down for fugal development. The repeated notes, for example, could be used as a sub-motif. Or perhaps the outline of the opening melody, G-D-C. The scale upwards in the second measure with the repeated note also could be used in some fashion. (click on image to enlarge).


There are many possibilities -- and what I might do with this material would be vastly different than what you might make of it. I'll post my results when I finish them. Perhaps we can (literally) compare notes!

No comments:

Post a Comment