Monday, July 01, 2013

Diabelli Project 002 - Canon at the Octave

The Diabelli Project is about offering my flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli,'s music these sketches aren't great. But perhaps there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

Making myself dash of these sketches -- and now writing them out in a more formal fashion -- feels like starting an exercise regimen. At this point I was still doing very simple canons, so I wasn't stretching much creatively.

And when I wrote this out, my rusty manuscript skills weren't fully up to the task. I used to do a lot better job about spacing measures and notes within measures. And of course, the bass clef part should have a whole rest. But it's a start. (click on image to enlarge)



If there's anything of interest here you'd care to use, please help yourself! (Actually, I think I might return to this at some point myself. I like the first two measures)

No comments:

Post a Comment