Wednesday, June 20, 2012

An unexpected hiatus

If you’re a regular reader of Off Topic’d, then you probably noticed a sudden suspension in publication. I was posting six days a week through June 2, then…. nothing for 18 days. The reason for the interruption was that I was seriously ill, and it took a while for me to recover. While I was sick, I had very little energy. And I somehow lost all interest in social media. So my blogging, Facebook posts, LinkIn updates, Twitter conversations, Pinterest boards – all came to a screeching halt.

That may not have been a bad thing – after all, now that I’m starting to get back into things, I discovered I hadn’t really lost any followers, friends or readers. My forced neglect (and lack of impact on traffic) will help me keep all of those stats in perspective.

I apologize for the unexplained absence, and promise to work back up to a reasonable (and reliable) post schedule. There were some posts I was working on that were never published, and when I finish those I’ll probably put them out under their original creation dates. So there might be some back-filling in addition to new material.

But please stay tuned –  now that there's a reason to once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment