Monday, December 05, 2011

#NaNoWriMo It's Over

Recently I posted that, while the National November Writing Month challenge had ended successfully for me in once sense, in another it hadn't. The primary goal was to write a 50,000 word novel in a month. I hit the word count in the deadline given, but I still had another chapter to go.

Well, now it's done.

Below is a link to the PDF of "The Crime Broker," my 2011 NaNoWriMo project.

There are a some caveats, though. First, this is an unedited manuscript. The only think I did before posting was do a quick correction of typos and spelling errors -- that's it. Even just skimming it, I can see that the middle is pretty weak. I need to bring out more of the subplot in order for things to make more sense at the end. I also know that I use the same phrases over and over. And for some reason, I seemed to prefer the letter "W" for last names. Editing will clean all that up, I'm sure.

Still, if you want to see what happens when someone turns off their inner editor (or should I say inner critic) and just starts pounding out words, well, here it is.

If you give this a read, please let me know what you think. My long-term goal is to edit and revives this and the previous stories in the Raven series for possible e-publication. All feedback would be most helpful!


The Crime Broker - A Raven Novel by Ralph Graves

No comments:

Post a Comment