Saturday, October 01, 2011

So far, so good

I'm halfway through my month-long experiment in creativity. As a way to hone my creative skills, I set myself the task of posting daily to this blog. It's been a challenge to come up with a post every single day, but an exercise that has indeed helped my writing.

Normally it takes about 30-45 minutes to write a post. The actual text isn't that difficult, but researching the background, adding the appropriate links, and tracking down images takes time. Having a daily instead of a whenever-I-feel-like it schedule has forced me to cut down that process. It's made me more comfortable with shorter posts (although as a Twitterer you'd think I'd be comfortable with succinct expression).

And it's forced me to expand my range of subjects a little bit.

So all in all, it's been worthwhile.

What happens after 30 days? We'll see. I might try for 60....

1 comment:

  1. I tried this. I made it three days. Too busy. Keep up the good work, though!

    ReplyDelete