Thursday, September 15, 2011

Inspiration

Saw the following video yesterday. Ira Glass talks about the creative process in a way I hadn't heard  before.



I like his concept of taste. That is, what's in my mind isn't always what I express -- but it's only the lack of technique that gets in the way. The more practice, the closer the finished product is to the ideal. It's sort of the thought behind Daniel Levitin's concept that it takes 10,000 hours to become an expert in an activity (as he wrote in This Is Your Brain on Music: The Science of a Human Obsession.

Anyway, it re-energized me.

So here's the deal. This blog's been a little moribund, as I haven't been very inspired to post. So my goal over the next month is to post every single day. The more I do, the better I'll get (in theory).

Let's see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment