Monday, October 25, 2010

Recovery - one step at a time!

Yesterday I finished up three and half months of hospital treatment (friends and family know what for -- that's not the point of this post), which left my body pretty beat up. I had just started doing some serious running when this thing hit, and after an enforced period of inactivity, I'm raring to get back on the road. Like my writing partner Ken, I'll be documenting that return as a way to keep me going!

This week it will be all power walking with 2-lb. weights (and probably next week as well). As you'll see, these early stats will be rubbish, but I'm hoping they improve. Here we go!

Today's stats:

Powerwalking w/2 lb. weights
Time: 4:17
Distance: .1517 miles

Tomorrow will be better.

4 comments:

  1. You can't run a marathon without taking that first step. Congrats on that first step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that. The problem was I was already taking quite a few steps when I got bumped back to start. So here we go with first steps again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think of it as a cleansing. You're fresh, ready to go, and not stuck with old bad habits. There are lots of folks rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The goal is to get back to where I was before -- and then go on from there.

    ReplyDelete